If you want to explore Giethoorn and you don’t want to go on the boat, then it’s best you rent a bike. All you need is a map and use any of the recommended cycling routes there, or you can just go wherever you want. Don’t worry about losing your way because it’s a small village; you might even enjoy going off the beaten path.
Rent A Bike
You can rent a bike for a day or for a few days, especially if you’re here on holiday and you want to explore the village and nearby areas easily, then a bike would do the trick.
You can take the cycling route 115190, which will go through Steenwijkerland – Overijssel – The Netherlands.
In our booking system we have several options which you can rent:
- Here you can rent a normal bike in Giethoorn. Enjoy the surroundings as you pedal around the village here. This is perfect if you’re looking for a way to keep active while you’re on holiday as well. On a regular bike, you won’t notice your giving yourself some exercise due to the lovely scenery.
- Here you can rent a bike with gears in Giethoorn. Maintain a comfortable pedalling speed, regardless of the terrain with this bike. This is ideal for those who know how their bikes and want to have a more active session around the village.
- Here you can rent a electric bike in Giethoorn. Have fun with less effort when you ride this bike. This is perfect for those who want to go at an extremely leisurely pace, or for older adults, and individuals with certain health conditions that affect their mobility.
- Here you can rent a child bike (8 to 10 years) in Giethoorn. You don’t have to leave your kids when you go cycling in Giethoorn with a child bike. With this, you get to cycle around the village with your kids.
- Here you can rent a kickbike in Oldemarkt (10 kilometres away from Giethoorn. A kick bike looks like a bike but without the seat, chains, and pedals. Instead, it has a kickboard-like platform.
- Here you can rent a solex in Giethoorn. A motoring legend, the Solex originated in France during World War II. It’s an environmentally-friendly bike with an electric motor without the noise or gas emission.
Consider A Boating And Biking Package
You can get a bike package that comes with food and drinks and/or boating or an activity. The boating and biking package is one of the most popular. The tour starts at 11:00 a.m. where you will be welcomed with coffee or tea and speculaas.
By 11:45 a.m., you will go on a canal cruise in the village and through the nature reserve “de Wieden.” An expert guide will be with you throughout the cruise who will share with you the history and the beautiful stories about the village.
The cruise will wrap up at around 12:45 p.m. and this is the time for your biking adventure. You will have a basket filled with food and a beautiful cycling route to follow. One of the most popular routes is the Giethoorn Weeribben that will take you through National Parks De Weerribben and De Widen where you can see the thatched houses.
After a while, find a spot where you can enjoy your picnic and take a rest while you eat delicious selections of meals.
By 5:00 p.m., you will be served a three-course dinner, while children will be served with a kid’s menu.
But wait, do you have a specific tour in mind? Let us know in the comments below, and we might be able to arrange something for you!