It’s never too early to plan your summer holidays in Giethoorn. The summer season in the village starts in June and lasts through September. As early as now, if you want to experience the Venice of the North, now is the best time to book and plan your holiday. There are many things you can do in the village. However, we will cover the two most important things you need to sort out on your holiday—your accommodation and your food.
Spend A Night(s) In Giethoorn
In the summer, experience Giethoorn by spending a night in the village. You can book a hotel room if you want to indulge and just relax for the whole day.
If you’re feeling more adventurous and you want to be closer to nature, you can pitch a tent at some of the campsites in Giethoorn and nearby areas. There are campsites that are beside the water for a more relaxing stay.
Another option is to rent a cottage at a holiday park in Giethoorn. The holiday parks in the village are on the water and it is included with boats to allow for a more convenient trip.
Eat In Giethoorn
There are different places to eat in the village. You can choose from restaurants that offer different dishes, cafes if you want some coffee or tea with pastries, or you can also go to eateries. You’re in for diversity in the village when it comes to food because of the wide selection you can choose from. Eating out in the village during the summer is satisfying and exciting.
Things to bring:
To make your stay in Giethoorn more comfortable during the summer, these are some of the essentials you need to have:
- Make sure you’re in warm clothes. You don’t want to get all sweaty while you’re touring the village.
- Bring a pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes and to allow you to see the beauty of the village without squinting.
- Apply sunscreen. The heat of the sun can have adverse effects on your skin, so make sure you are well-protected.
- You can bring an umbrella with you for that full protection. Otherwise, bring hat or caps for more sun protection.
- it’s also a good idea to bring food and drinks, especially if you will only rent a boat for a couple of hours. On the other hand, you can opt for boat rental packages that come with food and drinks so you don’t have to bring anymore.
Visit Nearby Areas
While you’re in Giethoorn in the summer, you can also choose to visit nearby areas, such as Rotterdam. The city is the second-largest city in The Netherlands next to Amsterdam. While you’re here, visit the Markthal, a magnificent piece of structure that was built in 2009. If you’re going with kids, you might want to check out the Rotterdam Zoo!
Another nearby area you can visit is Steenwijk. The beautiful city offers a wide range of restaurants and bars you can explore. Don’t forget to check out the Museum Rams Woerthe while you’re in the city.
How To Get To Giethoorn
Whether you’re coming from the major cities in The Netherlands or in neighboring areas, getting to Giethoorn is easy—for the most part, all you need is a train and bus ride, a bit of cycling, driving or even walking and you will reach the Venice Of The North!
Do you have any questions? Leave a comment below!