Maastricht has many excellent accommodations; from luxurious hotels to affordable hostels, you can find a place to stay in to suit your preference and budget. Many of the accommodations in the city are housed inside monumental buildings.
Hotels in Maastricht:
If you’re looking for a hotel to stay in the city, here are some affordable choices for you:
- Zenden Hotel Maastricht: Located in the city centre, near the Maas River the hotel, which stretches over three historic buildings, is nominated for best new interior design in the whole world. Every room in the hotel features a unique style. What you should definitely experience here is the hotel pool located in a 700-year-old vaulted cellar. Also, the beds are extra long here, too!
- Fitz Roy Urban Hotel, Bar and Garden: A beautiful hotel located in the best-rated area in the city. It’s only a walking distance from the market square and the Vrijthof square. The hotel has a restaurant and a terrace, and all rooms come with air conditioning, private bathrooms, a TV, coffee machine, and a shower. Fitz Roy offers an old chic with a few contemporary touches.
Bed and breakfasts in Maastricht:
If you’re looking for a quieter place to stay in Maastricht, you can stay at a charming bed and breakfasts. Here are some of them:
- 4BnB Maastricht: Near the ever-popular Basilica of Saint Servatius, the 4BnB offers beautiful rooms. The B&B has luxurious spacious rooms with a walk-in shower. You can also hang out at the lounge area with a coffee bar. They also have a terrace where you can spend your time outdoors. It has a private entrance and courtyard, too!
- B&B Désirée: This bed and breakfast is 2.1 km of Vrijthof, situated in the Randwijck district. It has a beautiful garden and some rooms have their own balconies. You can use the kitchen where you can make your own breakfast. The living room is also open for you to lounge at. All rooms here are equipped with a coffee machine and a fridge.
Hostels in Maastricht
For backpackers, here are some hostels you can stay in in Maastricht:
- Stayokay Maastricht: This is a trendy hostel with modern facilities and spacious rooms that are equipped with a private bathroom and toilet. There is a terrace by the water where you can enjoy a few drinks or have a barbecue. Stayokay also has three huge halls where events are regularly hosted. There are 200 beds divided over 2, 4, or 6-bedded rooms. The hostel has a modern dining room where you can enjoy a healthy three-course buffet dinner.
- The Green Elephant: The hostel is located around the corner from the main railway and bus station. It has a restaurant, bar, and a shared lounge and a garden. Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast here. Aside from that, there are spa and wellness facilities here to make your stay even more relaxing and comfortable.
Holiday Homes in Maastricht
Are you coming to the city with a huge group? Then a holiday home would be perfect.
- Paris: The Paris is a beautiful holiday home on a boat! It has a balcony that offers beautiful views of the lake. It has two bedrooms, a fully-equipped kitchen, and a living room. It’s docked, so, you can’t drive it. One bedroom features a queen-size bed and the other room has a bunk bed. You can cook almost anything in its fully-equipped kitchen and eat in the dining area or take your food outside the terrace.
- Bie de Borreger: The holiday home has a garden, a terrace, water sports facilities, etc. Each bedroom comes with one double bed. Also, WiFi is free and available here. Indeed, it’s a beautiful place to stay for families and huge groups.
Book your accommodation now. Browse other topics here at Ask the Dutch Guy!